Friday, May 1, 2009

Here comes the last time I'm gonna kiss you, The first night sleeping alone, Here comes the hardest thing, We've ever known

Lyrics by Butch Walker "Here Comes The ..." Ft. Pink

Going to try something different. Makes me step out of the box a little. I'm going to try to use lyrics as my post topics. Yesterday I used a poem, might use those every now-and-then.

I actually sat awhile deciding what I should post about. I'm still not 100% sure where I'm going with this post, I'm sure all will come together in the end though. We'll see how things pan out.

If you don't already know who Kayleigh Ann Freeman is, you should visit her blog. She was born 3mos early at 1lb 1oz, 10.5in long. She's had many trials during her short life & has proved that miracles DO happen many times. Recently she's suffered an undetected lack of oxygen to her brain or a brain bleed that has left her "brain dead." My heart breaks for her family, who was so excited to be taking her home. That goal was getting closer & closer. Now, sadly, they will be taking her home soon to spend their last day's with her.

Kayleighs mom Aimee spoke in the blog tonight. Many of the things she spoke about I could relate too 100%, after having lost a child myself. She spoke about being in shock after finding out Kayleigh was brain dead, buying funeral clothes & the unfairness of her siblings not getting to meet the most amazing person in her life.

All things, as I've said, I can relate to.

I remember the shock after the PICU Dr. told us Landan was gone. I couldn't even process what he was saying, I heard him. But I stood in bewilderment at the words that came from his lips. He must be lying, this couldn't be happening to MY Landan. Nope, noway! I remember shopping for funeral clothes with my mom & best friend. And I've often told my husband & others how unfair it was to any future child we have that they'll never know Landan like we did. All things I can't change, though I've wished that I could.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin